Friday, May 27, 2005

The New Yorker of Obsessive Garages


Would you buy a carburator from this man?

After gut wrenching anticipation, I can report that American Garages (special edition of Garage Life) has arrived and did not disappoint. Sure, I wish the garage was a bit more cogent. And a fresh shave and haircut would have been a good idea. If I had more than an hour notice, I would have cleaned more than I did. Considering what it looks like in the photos, I will leave the reader to wonder how much an hour really helped. Once Kouki (the editor of Garage Life) arrived, he would not let me do so much as pick up a washer from the floor as it might wreck the 'typical American garage' look. (Links 1, 2, 3, 4)

To say I am curious as to what the magazine says would be a dramatic understatement.