Wednesday, March 16, 2005


The most interesting vehicle at the Pomona Auto Swap was this delightful Ford that was still in complete Monrovia United School District Mobile Speech Lab livery! The interior was replete with the fake-o wood paneling and acoustic tile roof! Nostalgic for a great many things, I miss the days of service by vehicle - when specialized trucks would arrive at school to conduct a battery of tests (my hearing was tested on a such a truck), drop off books (I checked out Saturday Night Fever from the bookmobile) or induce whiplash by a tiny, yet powerful, carnival ride mounted on the back of a 57 Chevy 2-ton truck. Luckily, I sobered up before I bought this vehicle. I would have felt bad converting it from a mobile speech lab even though I have limited use for such a vehicle. A bookmobile, however, that is something I could use.